I have Observed that there are many ways to make the better optimization of your blog and you may also read many more articles and blogs to which telling you to just add meta tags however this will very likely achieve the opposite result from the one you are after. Whether you are yet to add meta tags or have added meta tags already make sure you read and follow the methods contained in this article to get the best results.
I am going to tell you about the meta tags how you can added in your HTML to improve search optimization. Meta tags are the words which can easily work and make your post or blog in ranking in the search engines.
Meta Tags Info and What are Meta Tags:
Meta tags are HTML tags that provide additional information about your blog that is unseen by visitors but available to search engines. The meta tags or meta description tag, for example, provides a short summary of the pages content. The keywords meta tags show the keywords and keyword phrases a visitor might use to find your blog. Because of abuse of meta tags search engines have become smarter and most no longer place emphasis on keywords to establish page ranking however keywords meta tags are still used by some search engines so it is a good idea to include them.
Blogger And their Limitations:
One of the disappointing aspects of Blogger is that it is not properly optimized for SEO. Meta descriptions and keywords are not supported by blogger.com by default. Title tags are also not optimized. This means that you will miss valuable opportunities to attract visitors to your blogs.
However meta tags and meta descriptions can be inserted into your Blogger template to good effect. Fortunately these work arounds will go a long way to improving the placement of your blog in search engine results.
Simply placing a meta tag description in your blogger template is problematic because blogger will use the same meta tags for all pages in your blog. This means that every entry that Google has for your site will show in search results with the same description. This solution would result in reduced traffic rather than increased traffic. However there is a way to add meta tags to the post pages in your blog. In this way visitors will find the home page of your blog in search engines by the use of appropriate keywords and site description.
How to add meta tags to Blogger:
- Login to Blogger.
- Navigate to Design and go Edit HTML.
- First you can download the backup of your template.
- Then you go to expand widget templates box.
- Scroll and find these words
- Now paste these line to remove the above line.
- Enter your blog description between the single quote marks under description. Maximum 150 characters.
- Enter the keywords of your blog between the single quote marks under keywords. Ensure you separate each keyword or keyword phrase by a comma. Make sure your keywords do not exceed 200 characters.
- Then Click to Save Template Button.
- To see your description in action you can either navigate to your blog's home page and click on view source in your browser. In internet Explorer you will find this option in the view men. A text document will appear which you can scroll through. You will See your description near the top of the document. Alternatively you can check your description in a free Meta Tag Analyzer tool Such as submit express or SEO Centro.